This post brought to you by the Cranberry Friendsgiving Photo Contest!
The Holidays are upon us and I’m so thrilled. I look forward to this time of year all year long because it means spending time with friends and family, enjoying delicious food, and so much more. Food plays a really big role in this time of year and one of my favorite foods during this time is cranberries. A holiday meal just isn’t the same if there isn’t some cranberries like cranberry apple pie, cranberry sauce, and cranberry cocktails. With their bright-hued reds and pearl-like shape, cranberries are more than a tasty condiment – they also enhance beverages, enrich food, and enliven tablescapes with bejeweled wreaths and floral arrangements.
Friendsgiving, the alter-ego to Thanksgiving and the holiday undoubtedly supported by millennials (like myself), continues to grow in popularity as it adds a new spin on the traditional celebration. For many, Friendsgiving is becoming the social event that cannot be missed. Millennials are breaking the mold by transforming sit-downs into potlucks, roasted turkey into turkey meatballs and mom’s cranberries into sophisticated cranberry cocktails. The Cranberry Marketing Committee (CMC) acknowledges the importance of this occasion, and is kicking-off its second annual Cranberry Friendsgiving Photo Contest from October 17 – December 19. The contest offers $4,000 in prizes for the most unique and special ways cranberries are enjoyed and incorporated in holiday food, beverages and décor on social media with #FriendsgivingCranberryContest. Simply post a photo of your cranberry creation on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest with #FriendsgivingCranberryContest and then upload it at CranberryFriendsgiving.com to enter.
Additional Contest Details
- Post party pics featuring cranberry dishes, drinks and décor using #FriendsgivingCranberryContest on social media and at CranberryFriendsgiving.com for a chance to win
- A total of eight $500 winners will be announced
- No limit on the number of submissions entered to win
- Official rules can be found at CranberryFriendsgiving.com
For more tips and ideas on how to throw the best Friendsgiving, join @uscranberries for a #FriendsgivingCranberryContest Twitter party on November 10 at 7 p.m. EST featuring Melissa Johnson of Best Friends for Frosting(@BFforFrosting).
Get some Friendsgiving Party ideas:
- The Ultimate Guide to Friendsgiving – a complete guide to throwing a bodacious bash
- Recipe Ideas – festive and flavorful recipes for appetizers, sides, desserts, cocktails and more
- Guide to Entertaining with Fresh Cranberries – a fresh look at how to incorporate America’s Original Superfruit® – cranberries – into trendy recipes and décor during the holidays and beyond