Being stuck at home due to quarantine or no school is the perfect time to watch some family movies together. Pop some popcorn and pick a family movie off Netflix. Once the movie is over you can even start a family discussion about the movie.
After the kids have gone to bed you can find a new show to binge on Netflix too!
Family Discussions About Movies
Family discussions are great. You get to learn how people think, how situations make them feel, and understand what they like and don’t like. Plus, it gives y’all something to talk about.
Questions to Ask kids after a movie
- Ask your kids who their favorite character was and why.
- Have kids draw a picture of their favorite part or character.
- Ask kids what the movie was about.
- Have kids tell you their favorite part and why.
- Ask kids how the movie made them feel
- Quiz them on things that happened in the movie
- Ask them how they think the main character in the movie felt and why
- Ask if they learned anything from the movie and what
- Ask what they didn’t like about the movie
Family Movies to Watch on Netflix
Since we’re going to be home for a while it’s a good time to watch some new movies and some old favorites. Here is our 30-day family movie Netflix queue.
- Space Jam
- Rugrats Movie
- Hotel Transylvania 3
- A Wrinkle in Time
- Spy Kids (there are a few of them, so pick one)
- Pets 2
- Ralph Breaks the Internet
- Incredibles 2
- Richie Rich
- Kung Fu Panda 2
- Angry Birds 2
- The Cat in the Hat
- Carmen San Diego
- Looney Tunes
- Garfield (there are a few, pick one)
- A Series of Unfortunate Events
- TinkerBell Pirate Fairy
- Gnome Alone
- The Croods
- Open Season
- Jimmy Neutron
- Captain Underpants
- Go Karts
- Dolphin Kick
Looking for more things to during while you’re stuck at home? GET CRAFTY!