My kids love to get crafty, just like their mama, and I’m trying to be more frugal with our crafting expenses since the kids will be home for a while and I see a lot of crafts for kids projects in our future to keep them entertained.
When I made our COVID-19 Daily Schedule for Kids While Home crafting was one of the things I added to our schedule and all of these craft projects are perfect for crafting with recycled materials from around your home.
Crafts for Kids Using Items Around Your House
One of the things I love about crafting is the possibilities are endless. Take some objects and let your (or your childs) imagination get to work. I think it’s safe to say most kid households have glue, construction paper, tape, scissors, and paint. Take those items with other items like paper bags, toilet paper rolls, cardboard boxes, egg cartons, and more to make some fun crafts for the kids!
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
Since toilet paper is sold out everywhere and people are hoarding it that means there will be a lot of empty toilet paper rolls laying around. Here are some craft ideas for kids using empty toilet paper rolls.
- Bunny & Ducky from Toy Story 4
- Paper Roll Flowers
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterflies
- Cardboard Tube Unicorns
- Fun DIY Kaleidoscope
- Toilet Paper Roll Houses
- Rocket Ships
- Rocket Paper Roll Craft
- Lady Bugs
- Animals – 60+ animals
- Race Cars
- Bird Feeders – make sure to grab some bird seeds
- Paper Roll Scribblers
- Japanese Flying Carp aka Mini Koinobori
- Fire Breathing Dragon
- Shark Binoculars
- Super Hero Cuffs
- Heart Butterflies
Crafts Using Recycled Materials for Kids
Get crafty with your kids with items you probably have around your home already.
- Pistachio Bumble Bees
- Bunnies with free printable
- Envelopes using magazines or paper
- Baby Groot Planter
- Bean Bags + Toss Game – If you can’t sew, hot glue the fabric closed!
- Rainbow Wind Chime – Perfect for after you eat all those canned foods.
- Egg Carton Flowers
- 19+ Paper Bag Puppets
- Mix and Match flowers
- Minnie and Mickey Mouse Paper Plate Craft
- Scavenger hunt looking for items around the house (with printable)
- Origami – You can use any paper you have
- Cardboard Doll House
- Pirate Ship
- DIY Fidget Spinner
- Stress Balls
- Feed the Sharks sorting game
- Popsicle Stick Boats
- Milk Jug Bird Feeders – use the seeds leftover from the toilet paper roll bird feeders
- Button Turtles
- Shoebox Diorama
- Farm Animal Paper Bag Puppets
- DIY Moon Sand