It’s football season and that means afternoons watching games, delicious food, and time with friends and family. Since my husband loves football it’s usually on anytime he watches TV and while watching the games we love to have delicious food on hand. Typical game day foods aren’t always the healthiest, but they make for some great comfort food. Since chicken wings are a game day staple in our home I decided to put a little bit of a healthier spin on the traditional wing and do without the breading and frying to make them a little better for us and you.
I picked up a package of Foster Farms Simply Raised chicken wings which is locally grown in California and the Pacific Northwest, and raised with no antibiotics ever. Foster Farms is out to make comfort foods healthier for you. Foods that are still packed full of flavor and delicious, but with simple, fresh, and seasonal ingredients. Foods that are made with chickens raised without hormones, steroids, and are 100% fresh. This is a campaign I can get behind and love.
So make our healthier wings I cut up with wings into wing and drum and then season with a little salt and pepper and bake them. Once they’re done baking coat them in their delicious sauce and enjoy. They’re very simply to make, use only a few ingredients, and they’re so tasty. The best part is the wings can be dressed up with any sauce you like, but my favorite lately has been Asian Sweet Chili. I just love the spicy sweetness of them.
You can learn more about Simply Raised fresh chicken and find new delicious recipes to try out by visiting the Foster Farms website. There are so many delicious looking recipes that I just can’t decide which one I want to try next!
- 2lbs chicken wings
- 3/4 cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp. grated peeled ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken wings in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut chicken wings at the joint and separate the wing wing and drum.
- Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper
- Place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake wings for 15 minutes, turn and make another 10-15 minutes.
- For the sauce combine sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Once wings are done coat in sauce
- Garnish with sliced green onion.