This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
We’re coming into my favorite time of year, The Holidays! I look forward to the last 3 months of the year every year and all the fun things we do as a family. October is the kick off to Fall and where we’ll be enjoying pumpkin patches, watching the leaves change colors, cooler weather, and getting ready for Halloween. The kids love Halloween so we decorate around the house, do fun craft projects, shop for Halloween costumes, and make yummy treats all month long. Since our daughter is in school this year she’s really looking forward to spending Halloween at school with her friends, so we decided to whip up a fun treat that she can take to school to share with her class.
We headed to Walmart to pick up some supplies like our family favorites, OREO cookies and Orange Fanta soda. There’s just something about Fanta Orange Soda that screams Halloween to me, especially when paired with a Halloween themed straw. OREO and Fanta both have fun Halloween themed packing and the OREO 2 packs even come in glow in the dark wrappers. Because kids + Glow in the dark anything is a match made in heaven!
For our class treats I decided to whip up some spooky OREO bark. This delicious treat is a mix of Halloween OREOs, Regular OREO’s, Halloween Sprinkles, Chocolate, and Candy eyes. Making this is very quick, easy, and the kids can even help with making it. While we made it we enjoyed our Oranga Fanta and snacked on OREO’s.
What you’ll need:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate. Start with 30 seconds, stir, do another 30 seconds, stir, and if you still need more melting time do it in 15 second intervals in the microwave. You want chocolate to be smooth and melty.
- Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper, and using a spatula, spread it into an even layer about 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle with crushed OREO’s. Once they’re sprinkled on the chocolate I like to lay them flat, but that is totally optional.
- Placed candy eyes in pairs on the bark.
- Sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles.
- Place in fridge for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Gently remove bark from baking sheet and place on a cutting board. I leave the parchment paper under the bark so I don’t risk breaking it.
- With a sharp knife cut bark into chunks.
- Store in fridge so it doesn’t melt.
You can enjoy more cute Halloween inspired #SpookySnack by visiting the Spooky Snack Lab where you’ll find a Walmart-exclusive recipe combining both Fanta and OREO cookies created by Evette Rios, host of the CBS show Recipe Rehab.
What’s your favorite Halloween treat??