This shop has been compensated by Safeway. All opinions are mine alone. #StockUpOnPace #Safeway #CollectiveBias
There are some foods that just bring you total comfort. They’re delicious, they make you happy, and they bring you some kind of nostalgia, hence Comfort Food. Chilaquiles (pronounced chee/lah/KEE/lehs) is one of my favorite comfort foods and one I love to enjoy for breakfast, but it also can be enjoyed for any meal by switching up a few ingredients. This simple dish is packed full of flavor and can be tossed together quickly for a hot meal that’s full of crunchy, gooey, and spicy goodness.
- 18 corn tortillas
- 2 cups Pace Salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sour cream for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- Pour the vegetable oil into a heavy-bottomed skillet and heat to 350 degrees.
- Once the oil is hot place the tortillas into the oil in batches and lightly fry. Turn them with a slotted spoon, so they don’t stick together, until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the tortillas to a paper towel-lined baking pan to drain and cool and sprinkle immediately with salt.
- Once all tortillas are fried, drain the oil from the pan, return to heat, and add the tortillas back to the pan.
- Pour salsa over the tortillas and coat tortillas in the salsa.
- Let simmer for a minute or 2, turn off heat, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Eat as is or top with cooked eggs or shredded chicken. For the eggs I like to do scrambled or over easy.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
What’s your favorite thing to use Salsa for?
Saturday 12th of August 2017
My family would love this one. Thank you for sharing it! Im sure that I will be asked for seconds.
Wednesday 9th of August 2017
I love Pace Salsa, it is my favorite. I've never made chilaquiles, I want to try these! It sure looks good!
Sunday 21st of August 2016
This looks amazing.. I am going to have to try and make it for the family.. Thanks so much..
Tuesday 29th of March 2016
Oh My Gosh... I can not wait to try this! It looks amazing!
Monday 28th of March 2016
Looks wonderful. I have never made it, will give it a try :)