The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
I’ve heard so many great things about Dyson vacuum’s over the years. They’re like the Cadillac of vacuum cleaners and it’s been on my want list for a while now. I mean, 3 kids and a husband leaves LOTS of messes for me to clean up and a quality vacuum is a must have with kids, pets, and husbands. So when the New Dyson DC59 Animal arrived at my door I squealed in delight, tore the box open, and started to vacuum our whole apartment. *Side Note: It’s funny how priorities change when you’re a mom!* Then my shiny new vacuum died 3 minutes later and I wept in the corner. Apparently you have to charge the thing, DUH! I mean what was I thinking? It is cordless after all…
So I placed my new Dyson on the charger and waited a couple hours for it to charge, it’s quick like that, and got back to vacuuming. Holy Vacuums was I impressed. The Dyson DC59 sucked up every little crumb, piece of paper, and all the other crap my 3 year old and husband dropped and mashed into the carpet. And the best part was that it picked it all up on the first sweep. I didn’t have to go over the same spot 5 bazillion times like with other vacuum’s I’ve used and it went from carpet to tile with no problem. I use this on my kitchen and bathroom floors because I’m too lazy to sweep now and it does a great job every time, like when I spilled a bag of sugar on the floor. It got it ALL up.
Seriously, I’m in love with this thing and I’m not just saying that because Dyson sent me one. I really LOVE it and I can now see why people are dedicated to their Dyson vacuum cleaners. Any who, back to talking vacuuming. The Dyson DC59 is lightweight, compact, and easy to store and it even comes with a caddy to hold the attachment parts. I would totally hang it on the wall, but we’re in an apartment and I don’t want to pay to have them cover holes when we move out in a few months, one day parts holder, one day soon you will be hanging on a wall when we buy our house.
You see that above? The thing is so easy to maneuver. It’s like nothing I’ve used before. It twists and turns with ease, glides around furniture and corners, and I can get harder to reach spots like under dressers, tables, and chairs with no problem. All of the parts attach and unattach quickly and easily and it comes with a variety of different attachments so I can vacuum gold fish and french fries off the car floor and crumbs out of the couch cushions. My only complaint? It doesn’t suck up popcorn. *whomp whomp* Darn those big ol’ kernels! I also love that I don’t have to worry about unfolding and folding a cord back up, or tripping over it, or having to move it out of the way to vacuum. Hello cordless, I love you!
Now some important specs n stuff:
- DC59 is powered by the Dyson digital motor V6. The digital motor spins at up to 110,000 times a minute, up to 3 times faster than conventional motors contributing towards the machine’s powerful suction.
- The DC59 has 50% more power in boost mode than DC35 and DC44.
- 15 cyclones, arranged across two tiers, work in parallel to increase airflow and capture fine dust.
- Weighs less than 5 pounds. Easy cleaning up top, down below and in-between.
- Fits naturally into the shape of the hand. Center of gravity located towards the grip for easy handling. (It really does. It feels like it belongs there!)
- Removes hair and dirt from upholstery and confined spaces.
- It allows for a 26 minute cleaning session.
- Low profile cleaner head. Stays flat to the floor when the machine is fully reclined.
- Motorized head attaches directly to the machine for cleaning stairs.
- New hygienic one-touch bin empty. Just push the button to release the dirt. Accessible from either side.
- Stores the machine for charging. Holds two additional attachments.
“The DC59 Animal cordless vacuum cleaner is powered by the Dyson digital motor V6. This 350W motor, 2 Tier Radial™ cyclones and a re-engineered nickel manganese cobalt battery combine to provide powerful suction. Together these technologies enable the Dyson DC59 Animal to suck up as much dust as a corded vacuum.” — YES! I totally agree. I don’t have a pet, but I have a 3 year old with a lot of hair. Same thing, right? And this thing sucks up lots of hair and it picks up more than my corded vacuum, which I did love.
All in All the Dyson DC59 is an excellent vacuum and can do the job of my big corded vacuum. I don’t see how I could ever go back to using another brand since the Dyson is made so nicely, is so powerful, and is overall a pleasure to vacuum with!
The Dyson DC59 now available at Best Buy! What are you waiting for? Go grab this beauty and then come home and vacuum your whole house!