I was browsing pinterest when I saw a post with this cool art project. I knew I had to do it.
What you’ll need:
Crayons (I combined a 24 pack + 48 pack)
Canvas (I used 8×10, other projects I have seen used bigger.)
Hot glue gun + Glue
- Get out your crayons and decide what colors you are going to use. The size canvas you use will dictate the amount of crayons you use.
- Line crayons up above picture to see how many you will need and put them in color order from start to finish.
- Place a line of hot glue along the paper of the crayon. I put mine where the color name is. (Don’t burn yourself, I got all the way to the end before I managed to burn myself, OUCH!)
- Place crayons with glue on canvas in order. Start at one end and finish at the other.
- Once all crayons are glued and on the canvas lay down news paper along where you are going to finish the project. I propped my canvas along the wall. Once I started I noticed crayon spraying and had to put newspaper on the wall too.
- Turn blow dryer on low heat and aim at crayons. I aimed mine at the crayons, not touching but very close.
- Let the heat work it’s magic and melt the crayons. I started at one end and worked my way over to the other end once crayons were melted to my liking.
- Melt the crayons to your liking. You can also move the heat over the dripping portions to blend them.
- Once you are done let it dry.
*If you use a canvas board like me, pick up some ribbon and hot glue it to the back so you have a way to hang your art.
I LOVE the look of it. I think it’s a fun art project for a kid to help with and would make a great piece of art to hang in a play room.
If you are going to let a child help you I suggest not letting them use the hot glue gun, since they are HOT.
This project is pretty budget friendly. I spent about $12 at walmart. $5 for a 3 pack of 8×10 canvas boards and $6 for 120 crayons. I still have a full box of 48 crayons, part of a 24 pack, and part of a 48 pack plus 2 canvas boards left. So you can get another art project out of it!