Lemon Cucumber and Mint detox water can aid in digestion, help cleanse your body, is good for your metabolism, and helps to keep you hydrated.
*I’ve had some people ask about side effects from drinking Lemon water aka Detox Water and I’m not aware of any, but a few people have reported going poop more than normal the first day or two. When in doubt always consult a physician. I am not a physician and cannot offer any medical/health advice.
Drinking LOTS of water is key to weight loss, staying hydrated, and removing impurities from your body. If you’re not a big water drinker then plain water can get boring, but if you add the right things they give it some flavor and help to cleanse your body.
- Lemon: Lemon water makes for a powerful detox drink; lemon juice helps to cleanse and alkalize the body. Add one thinly sliced lemon to a large pitcher, or squeeze fresh lemon juice into your glass. Lemon also aides in digestion and boosts your immune system.
- Mint: Mint adds a touch of sweetness without the sugar, and it also helps settle your stomach and aids in digestion.
- Cucumber: Adding a few slices of cucumber to your water makes for excellent re-hydration, and cucumber contains anti-inflammatory properties.
Q & A
How much lemon water should I drink? If you are over 150 pounds 1 lemon total a day if you are under 150 pounds ½ lemon will do. Increase your consumption gradually because lemons have high detoxification qualities and its symptoms.
Does it have to be refrigerated? No. You can leave this room temperature if that is how you like your water.
How long should I leave the lemon, cucumber, and mint in the water? I wouldn’t leave it in the water for more then 24 hours because then the water starts to become bitter. Change out the lemon, cucumber, and mint every 24 hours.
When is the best time to drink lemon water? Upon rising, your body has been in a natural state of fasting all night or all day if you work midnights. Drinking lemon water will help to jump-start your metabolism and digestive system. Also drink lemon water 30 minutes before each meal this will enhance the nutritional absorption, increase digestion and energy derived from your meal.
How often should I drink lemon water? Once a day in the morning is good. Twice a day is excellent! See what works best for you. Play around with it and see how you feel. When in doubt, consult a physician.
Can I use lime or another kind of mint? YES! You can add whatever you want to this drink. It’s really all about your preference and what you will enjoy.
Can I take medications while drinking this? I am not a doctor and you should ALWAYS consult your physician.
Can I still eat while doing this? Please still eat while drinking this!! Of course, if you’re trying to lose weight eating a healthy and balanced meal is ideal. I would suggest drinking 1 to 2 glasses a day. You can and should plain water during the day as well.
Learn more about Lemon Water from the Cleveland Clinic.
- 3 liters water
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 10 - 12 mint leaves
- Rinse the lemon, cucumber, and mint.
- Slice lemon and cucumber into thin slices.
- Remove mint leaves from the stem.
- Add water to a pitch and add the lemon, cucumber, and mint.
- Stir and let chill.