I LOVE being in the kitchen, cooking & baking, but I have learned over time that having good, quality kitchen accessories makes cooking so much more fun. Here’s a list of my favorite items…
1. Le Creuset Stoneware Rectangular Casserole Dish – a good casserole dish is a must. I use them for everything! Casseroles, Potato Dishes, Pasta Bakes and so much more.
2. Chicago Cutlery Knives – Quality knives last a long time if taken care of properly and make prep time easier and quicker. These knives are super sharp and worth every penny!
3. A wooden cutting board – I love the look of a wooden cutting board, but it’s all preference on if you choose wood or plastic. Wood is better on knives, so that is a bonus.
4. Paula Dean Measuring Cups & Spoons – Paula Dean’s cooking show has been a favorite for years and when she came out with her cookware and accessories I had to have some. Everything I have tried has been great quality. I usually snap the handles off measuring cups and spoons, but these are standing strong and the rooster on the handle is adorable.
5. KitchenAid Mixer – If you can afford to get one of these I really suggest it. It’s a life saver and I find myself using it ALL THE TIME. In addition to mixing doughs and batters in it I also use it to shred chicken, mix mashed potatoes, mix meatloaf and many other things. It’s a total time and life saver in the kitchen.
6. Paula Dean Wooden Spoons – Did you know wooden spoons are ideal for non-stick pans? I am in love with mine. They don’t scratch the pans and are sturdy enough to break up foods without bending or breaking.
7. Norpro Mandoline Slicer & Grater – I hate chopping and this Mandoline making slicing & grating so much easier and the guard helps to make sure I won’t chop a finger off.
Next on my list of must have items is getting a food saver. I hear they are great for food storage.
What are some of your favorite or must have kitchen items??