Thank you to Guardian Storage of Colorado for sponsoring this post about home organization tips for summer. #GuardianStorage
Summer is a great time to get outdoors, explore, and organize your home. It’s something I’ve been working on slowly this summer and it feels great to get the home organized, purge through items we no longer need, and find a place for items that we need, but aren’t using at the moment. When it comes to home organization I love getting organizational tips to help make the process easier. One tip I find helpful is using a storage unit, like the ones Guardian Storage provide, to store items you don’t want in your home or that you’re not using at the moment.
Colorado gets extremely hot in the summer and cold in the winter which means you need seasonal clothes. Long sleeves, jackets, and boots just take up space in the closet so they get packed away during the warmer months and don’t get pulled back out until fall. Things like baby items, holiday decorations, and gardening equipment are all items that are also seasonal/on an as needed basis. Seasonal items just take up space and I like to have them out of sight when they’re not being used. A storage unit is the perfect place for them to go. When getting a storage unit for your items you’ll want to get one that is close to you so you’re not driving far to get your items, is clean, and has great customer service.
Summer Organizing Tips for Home include:
- If you haven’t used it in 6 months, toss or donate.
- Purge through your kids clothes and sell/donate anything that doesn’t fit them. It’s the perfect time of year to do this since back-to-school is next month. People will be looking for clothes to buy and you will get a handle on what your kids will need for the upcoming school year.
- Go through their toys. Get rid of anything broken, has missing pieces, they’ve outgrown, or they just don’t use often.
- Go through your kids art supplies. Turn old broken crayons into rainbow crayons, get rid of dried paint and markers, and get a handle on what the kids will need to the upcoming school year.
- Clean out closets and cabinets. Old towels and blankets can be donated to animal shelters, Home items can go to woman’s shelters, and kids items can be donated to shelters or schools.
- Baby Items: If you’re unsure if you’re having more little ones put them in storage.
- Clean down surfaces that you may not clean on a regular basis like blinds, baseboards, and ceiling fans.
- Another place I like to clean out seasonally is our freezers. Items can get forgotten or buried. Toss what’s old and get a handle on what you have that is good.
Easy home organization is my jam. Well, easy anything really. I have the kids help where they can and try to turn things into games, explain the importance of helping others with items we no longer need, and show them the importance of taking care of our home. While doing our summer organization I like to make 3 piles. Storage, Donate, Toss. All storage items will go to storage, like Guardian Storage, toss goes out with the trash, and donate gets donated to the appropriate places. It makes the process easier for me and I can keep track of how much is going where.
Perks of Using Guardian Storage
- Online billing and payment
- Moving carts and dollies
- Large, covered loading docks
- Access 365 Days-a Year
- Free Wi-Fi and conference rooms
- Package acceptance
MORE Peace of Mind
- Amazing customer service from professional, dedicated property managers
- Full-time Maintenance Staff
- Individually alarmed units
- 24-hour digital video recording
- Gated entry to property with personal passcodes
- Motion Detectors
- Central Station Monitoring
- FREE use of our truck during move in
- $50 referral gift card
- Prepayment discounts
- 10 foot ceilings in our units
- Climate Control – Indoor and Drive-Up Units
- Non-Climate Control – Indoor and Drive Up Units
- Moving and packing supply store on-site
What places do you find need some extra organization during the summer?
About Guardian Storage
Established in Pittsburgh in 1987, Guardian Storage has grown to be the market leader of storage services. With a strong focus on customer service, Guardian prides itself on its variety
of solutions, amenities and security. Guardian currently has 17 locations in the greater Pittsburgh area, as well as 5 Colorado locations. In addition, they just opened a new location in Forest Hills and will be opening a location in Bethel Park in 2018. You can visit www.guardianstorage.com for more information.
With a strong focus on customer peace of mind, Guardian Storage prides itself on its immaculate, modern properties, comprehensive list of amenities, state-of-the art security features and excellent customer service. Guardian Storage believes in giving back to the communities in which they live and work. Currently, all stores collectively volunteer time and resources to support 40+
community events and non-profit organizations, such as The Education Partnership, Toys for Tots, Bethlehem Haven, Habitat for Humanity, local food banks and more.
Thursday 19th of July 2018
Love this article, the best line and one i use with my kids is.. If you haven’t used it in 6 months, toss or donate