This post brought to you by TruMoo Chocolate Milk. The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Denver Housewife.
The cold chill has finally settled in and winter finally feels like it has arrived. For the last couple of weeks it’s been getting colder and colder and we’ve been indoors a lot more. With the kids battling colds off and on for the last few weeks and a baby in tow, I’m really trying to limit their exposure to the chilly air. Being home more means trying to find ways to keep the kids entertained without driving me crazy all day and the kids have been doing pretty good at finding ways to stay occupied indoors, now if I can just get them to stop bickering all the time that would be awesome, but does that ever really end?
Some of the kids favorite things to do indoors when it’s too cold to go outside are:
- Build Forts with blankets and pillows
- Play video games like Just Dance and Mario
- Play card games like Uno
- Color and do art projects
- Help me bake
- Watch movies with a bowl of popcorn
- Read Books while snuggled up on the couch or in their fort
- Science experiments
- Pillow Fights
In the spirit of all things Hot Chocolate I even whipped up a batch of delicious Double Chocolate Marshmallow cookies and they’re the perfect compliment to that glass of Hot Chocolate Milk!
- 1¼ cups butter, softened (2½ sticks of butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow bits or mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugars together. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and stir until dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.
- Drop big tablespoonfuls of dough onto large baking sheet and cook for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
TruMoo is just as delicious hot as it is cold, and is made with real milk, the right amount of chocolate, with no artificial growth hormones, and just the right amount of sugar. Available at retailers nationwide like Target and Safeway. TruMoo hot is a great way to get warm and cozy as the temperature outside drops. TruMoo is a great addition to indoor family time.