I made a delicious and easy dinner using Johnsonville® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love pasta? I probably have, but I will again, because YUM! I could eat pasta dishes almost every night because they’re just so yummy and it’s a whole meal packed into one dish. I’ve shared several of my favorite pasta dishes on the blog and I’m back with another one. Generally when I make a red sauce I use ground beef, but I have been on an Italian Sausage kick lately and I don’t think I’ll ever go back because of how much flavor it adds to a dish.
Johnsonville® Italian Sausage is the only Italian Sausage I ever use and I’m not just saying that because they sent me some. It really is my favorite and takes my dishes to a whole new flavor level. One of the reasons I like them so much, aside from the natural ingredients and freshness of the meat, is that the Italian Sausage is already seasoned and packed with so much flavor. When I cook with it I don’t have to add any additional seasonings to my dishes and I love that.
Our family has several favorite dishes and this is one I particularly like because it’s a one dish meal and it cooks up under 30 minutes. That means not a lot of dishes to wash and an easy, fresh, and delicious meal the whole family can enjoy!
Cheesy Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet
1lb Johnsonville® Italian Sausage
1 24oz jar of pasta sauce
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 20oz package Cheese Tortellini
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup fresh Mozzarella
1. Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet. Crumble sausage and cook through, until pink is gone.
2. Drain sausage of fat/oil.
3. Return sausage to skillet and add pasta sauce, tomato sauce, died tomatoes, water, and tortellini.
4. Mix together well and bring to a boil. Turn down heat to a simmer and cook covered for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until tortellini is cooked.
5. Remove from heat and remove cover. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over the top.
6. (optional) Turn on broiler and put skillet under the broiler for a few minutes until cheese is melted, bubble, and golden.
What’s your families favorite pasta dish?