This post is brought to you by El Monterey.
I can’t believe that Cinco De Mayo is just around the corner. It seems like the year is passing by so quickly. Cinco De Mayo just happens to be one of my favorite days because I have a love for Mexican food and margaritas. I could eat Mexican food everyday, but I’m pretty sure if I did my family would be pretty annoyed that that’s all I was making. This year I decided to get a little festive and throw a Cinco De Mayo party for our family with fun decorations, yummy drinks, and delicious food from El Monterey. Here are my 5 tips for throwing the perfect Cinco De Mayo party that your family and friends will love!
1. Festive Decorations – Decorations are a MUST. I just love all the bright, bold colors associated with Cinco de Mayo and a lot of them can be used for summer. I hit up our local party supply store for some festive decor and bought some colorful fans that I hung above the table and a paper banner that I hung around the table. You could also pick up some supplied like mustaches, sombreros, necklaces, ect and hang a backdrop on the wall for a photo booth. Make it fun and colorful!
2. Yummy Drinks – I served up some yummy margarita mocktails and served them in my favorite thing ever, mason jars, with some cute straws. You can make your own by mixing 2 oz Sour mix, 2 oz Fresh Lemon or Lime juice, 3 oz Carbonated lemon-lime soda, Dip rim of glass in lemon juice then in salt.
3. Mariachi Music, Ole! – No Mexican themed party is complete without some Mexican music. You don’t have to hire a Mariachi band, but you can pick up a Cd or download one of some Mariachi tunes and have them playing in the background.
4. Delicious food – The food is the star of the show, it is Cinco de Mayo after all. For our party I served up some chips, salsa, and guacamole for appetizers and for the main meal we did a build your own nacho bar, but instead of chips I used El Monterey Taquitos. You’ll save yourself some time since you won’t need to worry about preparing any meats and it’s easy to setup and serve. Put the taquitos and various toppings on the table, buffet style, and let everyone build their own Taquito Nachos. I served up a few different taquitos and cooked them in the oven per the package directions (so they would be crispy).
5. Dessert – Enough said. Churros are a favorite Mexican dessert and I decided to kick it up a notch and make some Churro Cupcakes. Talk about delicious and they’ll please both kids and adults!
What are some ways you make a Cinco de Mayo party fun? What foods do you serve?
El Monterey was nice enough to offer one reader a Taqutios prize pack. To enter fill out the rafflecopter form below!