Our Step2 wagon has come in handy since we’ve gotten it and it’s great for trips to the park, picnics, and overall just playing with. Now that the toddler is back in school it’s been sitting on our patio collecting a little dirt and this got me thinking about other uses for our wagon besides trips to the park and my toddler crashing it into walls in our home. What do you do with a wagon during the fall/winter months or once your child has outgrown it? Or what do you use it for besides play? Here are 5 ways to repurpose or use your wagon besides typical outdoor play!
1. Bring it in doors and use it as a toy box – Our wagon is a nice pink color and it matches the toddlers room perfectly. It’s a great way to store all of her princess dolls and stuffed animals so they aren’t laying around on the floor for me to trip on. But you can also store books, balls, cars, or whatever toys your little one has laying around.
2. Decorate it – With Halloween just around the corner why not decorate your wagon to carry your little ones around during trick or treating. Streamers, Balloons, and Halloween decor would be perfect for trick or treating and when the kids aren’t riding in it they can use it to hold their coats and candy! This idea is also great for weddings, parties, and the pumpkin patch. Just decorate to match whatever theme you’re using the wagon in.
3. Use it as a ice chest – Depending on where you live this might not be a good option during the winter months, but why not fill it up with ice and use it as a ice chest for drinks and snacks at a party. You could also dress it up a little with balloons and streamers on the sides to match whatever party theme you’re doing and it’s a cute, but fun ice chest idea for a kids party and you don’t have to worry about them opening or closing a traditional ice chest.
4. Planter Box – If your kids have outgrown the wagon why not use it as a planter box. Fill it with some soil and plant some flowers in it. I love this idea as a creative way to repurpose an old wagon and it looks so cute.
5. Photo Prop – Wagons are great photo props for kids of all ages and it’s a great way to get some personal pics of your kids with one of their favorite toys. Use it as is or add some balloons to the handle, sides, or even inside and photograph your little ones in it.
What are some ways you use your wagon?