Yummm, Tacos! They’re a staple dinner in our house because they’re quick and easy to make and oh so delicious. If you’re a pinterest lover like myself, then chances are you’ve seen the taco pasta pins going around. I’ve been guilty of making a taco pasta type dish from a boxed dinner and while it’s yummy, I know it’s loaded with not so good for you ingredients. This recipes uses better ingredients, is still easy to make, and delicious! It’s so good that I licked my bowl clean…
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 8-12 ounces medium pasta shells or other small dry pasta shapes
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained (if making this for kids you might want to use just plain diced tomatoes)
- 1 packet (4 tablespoons) taco seasoning
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the ground meat over medium-high heat until no longer pink. A few minutes before the meat is cooked through, add the chopped onion to the skillet. Once the meat is cooked through, mix in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning and let simmer over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, and reserved pasta water, and continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit if it is still too thin.
Wednesday 25th of June 2014
This recipe looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing!
Thursday 20th of February 2014
This reminds me of a dish we used to have growing up - very rich and sooo delish! The sour cream and cream cheese puts it over the top and makes it memorable! I want to try this yummy pasta recipe!
Francine Johnson McGee AKA Franstuff
Sunday 22nd of September 2013
Licking your bowl clean sounds pretty darned good! Gonna have to give this one a go for sure!
Saturday 20th of April 2013
Looks like a yummy and easy to make recipe. Thank you!
Wednesday 27th of March 2013
my mom makes something like this but instead of mixing it with the pasta she stuffs it into large shells and tops it with cheese and salsa and bakes it till the cheese melts... its so yummy. u should try it that way too.