Recalls Plus is an app designed to help keep your kids safe. It tracks thousands of kid’s product recalls from major U.S. government agencies and then notifies you when they are relevant to you. The app is available in the iTunes store, Android Market, and even on Facebook. The agencies Recalls Plus works with are:
• Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
• National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
• Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
• United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
One of the great things about this app is it’s free. I downloaded it in a matter of minutes and was able to login with my facebook account. Once I was logged in I was able to go in and add items I would want recall information on such as: Car Seats, Strollers, Toys, Bottles, and much more. Adding my items in was quick and easy to do. You can even browse the home screen to check out all the latest recalls and see if they pertain to your family. If a recall happens to come through on an item you added to the app then it will send you a notification letting you know of the recall. How great is that? I don’t like watching the news too much and I always forget to check the recall boards at stores, so having this app is a great way for me to stay up to date on all the latest recalls and see how they may effect my family.
How it works:
Recalls Plus will monitor recalls on your children’s items. It has been designed and developed by parents of young children for other parents of young children.
Checklists by Age:
Select an age range to choose common products from easy preset checklists for Newborn, Infant, and Toddler.
Add Any Product:
Track recalls on items you already own or want to buy. For example, Britax Stroller, Graco Toys, etc.
Select from 8 FDA-mandated food allergies to get alerts on related food recalls. For example, eggs, fish and peanuts.
Recalls plus will only send alerts when a related recall applies for one of the products or food allergens you have listed. You can also browse the nationwide list of recalls reported by top government agencies.
Features of the Recalls Plus App include:
• Proactively delivers timely recall alerts for the items on your Personal Watch List (a personalized list of the brands and products that you wish to monitor)
• Hand curates every product and food recall directly from government agencies (CPSC, NHTSA, FDA, USDA) for relevance to children and consolidates them in one place
• Provides parents a simple, easy-to-use solution to track recall information and instantly share it with family and friends
Recent Recalls that may pertain to your family:
1. Dream on Me Ultra 2 in 1 Infant Tub, Toddler, Niagra, Baby Bath Seats
Hazard: The bath seats can tip over, posing a risk of drowning to babies.
2. Sportspower Sports Authority Parkside Trampolines
Hazard: The trampoline’s metal legs can move out of position and puncture the jumping area, posing a risk of injury.
3. Step2 X-Rider Car Children’s Riding Toys
Hazard: Children who lean too far forward on the seat can go over the handle bar and hit the ground.
4. JoAnn Fabric and Craft Foam Pumpkin Turkey Craft Kit
Hazard: Magnets holding the pumpkin shell pieces together can become loose, posing an ingestion hazard.
5. Boden Children’s Pajamas
Hazard; The pajamas fail to meet federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
**All products listed above where listed on Recalls Plus within the past two months. Product recalls were identified by the appropriate government agency. Please go the Recalls Plus App for more information about the above recalls.
*This article is financially supported by Recalls Plus. Regardless, All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.