Fall is just around the corner and what better way to kick if off then with some Apple Cider Donuts?
I love fall and everything that comes with it. Apples, Cinnamon, Pumpkins, The cool crisp air, and Leaves changing colors. These donuts are not only healthier then traditional donuts but they taste amazing!
- Apple Cider Donuts with Cider Glaze2018-08-31 10:20:53Write a reviewIngredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple butter (can substitute apple sauce)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1-2 Tbsp apple cider
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
The Denver Housewife https://www.thedenverhousewife.com/
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, apple butter, vanilla extract, honey, apple cider, yogurt, and canola oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient mixture and whisk until just incorporated. Don't over-mix - a few lumps are okay.
- Fill donut pan and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes and cool on a wire rack. (You can also use a mini muffin pan, cake pop pan, or mini donut maker.)
- Once donuts are cooled make the glaze. To make glaze, whisk together the apple cider, powdered sugar, sugar, cinnamon and allspice until completely smooth. Start with 1 tbsp of apple cider and add small amounts if needed to get glaze the constancy you want.
- Dip each doughnut into glaze (top of doughnut only). Allow to dry on a cooling rack.