Fall is almost here and it means cooler weather, sweaters and boots, and warm meals. Warm meals are served all year round, but the less I have to use my stove or oven during the summer – the better. There is just something about fall and winter where I want a hot hearty meal to warm the soul and I make a lot of them. Since evenings are crazy town around here I rely on meals that are easy to put together and don’t take too long to make. I recently got an instant pot and I am in love. Meals that used to take hours to make can now be made in under 30 minutes, my new favorite kitchen appliance is a mom must have!
Tacos are delicious and we eat them at least once a week, but I love to put new spins on them. For example my Taco Pasta recipe. With colder months coming I love to make Chicken Taco Chili. Packed full of flavor with chunks of Foster Farms Simply Raised fresh chicken, fresh veggies, and spices it’s the perfect comfort food on a chilly evening. Foster Farms Simply Raised fresh chicken is my go to chicken since it’s locally grown in California and the Pacific Northwest with no antibiotics ever. It’s fresh, all natural chicken that is American Humane Certified and fed a 100% vegetarian diet, without any added hormones or steroids. Foster Farms has been family-owned since its founding 1939, Foster Farms has been committed to producing only the highest-quality poultry for you and your family.
For this Chicken Taco Chili I’m combining taco spices such as cumin, garlic, and onion with fresh corn, tomatoes, fresh chicken, beans, and topped with fresh cilantro and avocado for a healthier alternative to tacos. It’s super simple to make and requires very little prep time. You’ll dice a few veggies and then toss everything into the instant pot, give it a stir, and let it cook. Simple and easy on busy nights, but still a healthy meal to serve to your family.
Chicken Taco Chili can be enjoyed on it’s own or served over rice or quinoa and it makes great leftovers. It can also be packed more with veggies like zucchini and carrots, the possibilities are endless.
Make sure to check out Foster Farms website for more healthy recipes that will make dinner delicious and easy. Click here to try the new Foster Farms Simply Raised fresh chicken for $1 off!)
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 ears of corn, cut off the cob (or 1 1/2 c frozen)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cans beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves minced onion
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Diced Onion, Mince garlic, and cut corn off cob.
- Place all ingredients in Instant Pot.
- Stir everything until combined.
- Close instant pot lid, close pressure release valve, and hit the chili button.
- Timer for 30 mins will come on. Once chili is done cooking let sit for 5 minutes and then release pressure valve.
- Once pressure is released open lid and serve.
- If you don't have an instant pot this can be made in a slow cooker. Follow all the same steps - excluding instant pot steps and cook on high for 4 hours of low for 6 hours.