My love for Mexican food is real y’all and I’ve talked about it before. We have Mexican food at least once a week. One of the things I love about Mexican night is how easy the meals can be. With little feet running around to care for easy meals are a must in our home and if the kids love it, even better. Tacos and Taquitos are a favorite among the kids and one of the great things about them is that I can make big batches and freeze some for lunches or even quicker dinners.
I recently made some homemade Taquitos for the kids and they were a huge hit. This delicious recipe is great as an appetizers or a meal and they’re so easy to whip up. Take left over shredded chicken (or even rotisserie chicken), La Victoria Pineapple Salsa, seasoning, cream cheese, cheese, and tortillas. The combination of spicy and sweet is perfect for summer and something the family will love.
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup La Victoria Mango Habanero Salsa
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 c shredded cooked chicken
- 1 c Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 tortillas, corn or flour
- cooking spray
- Combine room temp cream cheese (you can soften in the microwave for 20-30 seconds) and add salsa, chicken, lime juice, cheese, and taco seasoning.
- Heat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- I prefer to use flour tortillas, but if you use corn tortillas you'll need to soften them so they don't break while rolling. Take the tortillas and place them between 2 damp paper towels. Microwave for 20-30 seconds and leave them between the paper towels between use.
- Place about 2-3 tbsp of the chicken mixture over the bottom third of the tortilla, don't fill it to the edges.
- Roll up the tortillas and place seam down on a baking sheet, don't let them touch each another.
- Lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and ends start to get golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and La Victoria Mango Habanero Salsa.
Tell me! Where do you seek out your flavor? What’s your favorite dish this summer??