I was provided with a 2014 Kia Sorento for review purposes. All opinions are my own!
Several months ago I headed to San Francisco with Kia for the Vans Warped Tour and while I was there I was given a 2014 Kia Sorento to drive. I really liked the car while I had it and wished I had it for a while longer so I could test drive it some more and luckily when I got back to Denver they had one for me to drive around for a week. This time I got to check out the EX Model and really fell in love with it as did my husband. It’s been a few months since we had the Sorento and my husband still talks about it and how if it was in our budget we would buy one and I agree. I would love to see one parked outside of our place and to drive this beauty around all the time…
These are the 5 reasons I love the 2014 Kia Sorento!
1. The size – The first time I was given a Sorento with 3 rows and then I was given one with 3 rows. Both of them were so roomy and had great trunk space. Having a 3 year old and 5 week old this is something that really sticks out to me and with a big stroller back in our lives a big trunk is a must have! Not only is the trunk spacious, but the whole SUV is roomy. There was more than enough room in the front and the middle row was super roomy as well. I’m sure I could fit 3 car seats back there.
2. Lots of outlets – 2 cell phones and a toddler who doesn’t like to leave him with her iPad or charge it for that matter means we need outlets galore! Our current SUV only has 1 outlet to charge a phone and fighting over who gets to use it when both our phones are dying is never fun and my husband always seems to win. The Sorento has 2 outlets in the front along with a USB plug and a car outlet and 115v outlet in the back. Not only can the toddler charger her iPad back there, but if someone has a cellphone they can charge that as well.
3. Gas Mileage – While I love my current SUV I absolutely HATE the gas mileage it gets (20 mpg city/26 mpg highway and 22 combined). The Sorento got great gas mileage for an SUV and I love how when I was running low the GPS would ask if I needed to find a gas station.
4. The technology – I really love everything about this SUV, but the technology is great! Hands free bluetooth, GPS, satellite radio, power lift gate, blind spot detection, push to start, back up cameras, and dual climate control are all such nice features to have and make life while in the car with kids a little bit easier.
5. It chimes when you get in. Sometimes it’s just the little things that make life better…
The 2014 Kia Sorento is available in a variety of colors, models, and seating options and starts at just $24,100. For a growing family this is a must have SUV, in my opinion!