This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Britax. The opinions and text are 100% mine.
When it comes to products for my kids shopping can become overwhelming, especially when it comes to things keeping them safe like car seats. There are so many options available along with features and safety standards to stick to that I often end up frustrated and frazzled in the buying process. After lots of research and comparing there is always one brand at the top of my list for a safe car seat and that’s Britax. One of the main things that sticks out so much with Britax is the fact that Britax has its own crash test simulators, in the U.S., Europe and Australia that can certify to strict global requirements and all Britax seats are fully loaded with best-in-class safety features that far exceed federal standards. To me this really stands out because they’re going above and beyond to make sure our little ones are safe in the car.
The Britax Boulevard 70-G3 arrived at our door and I was instantly impressed with how comfy and cozy it looks. While safety is the main priority in buying a car seat, comfort is another factor at the top of the list and the Boulevard 70-G3 has both. Their high density comfort foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child and the plush, easy-remove cover with matching comfort pads and infant body pillow provide extra comfort and easy cleaning, without disassembling or uninstalling the child seat. So not only is the Boulevard 70-G3 safe, but it’s comfortable for the kids to ride it. I’m also loving the built in harness pads and belly pad that provide extra comfort for my little ones and keep hot straps off of them.
Some of the Safety Features:
- BRITAX Convertible Car Seat Bases with SafeCell Technology feature SafeCells, an engineered structure, designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the vehicle seat in front of the child restraint.
- As the leader in pioneering side impact technologies, BRITAX convertible car seats feature a rigid shell with deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing foam providing Side Impact Protection.
- The ADVOCATE 70-G3 and BOULEVARD 70-G3 offer a second layer of protection with energy-absorbing True Side Impact Protection head restraint that keeps the head, neck and spine aligned.
- ADVOCATE 70-G3 also includes Side Impact Cushion Technology, a third layer of protection, with energy-absorbing cushions on the child seat’s exterior to reduce side impact energy by diverting 45 percent of the crash forces away from the seated child. These cushions also provide extra protection for the adjacent passenger.
- Integrated steel bars strengthen the seat’s connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing in a crash.
- BRITAX’s patented Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether is a two-point attachment that reduces forward movement and rotation using patented staged-release tether webbing. When BRITAX G3 convertibles are installed using Versa-Tether, all the unprecedented head safety technologies work together as a system to help reduce head excursion and offer the most advanced protection to children.
- BRITAX HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology, identified by their honeycomb design, are engineered to ensure proper positioning while SafeCells compress to manage energy and reduce forward movement. The reduction of forward movement is critical because even tiny increases in head excursion — the distance the head travels forward during the crash — can exponentially increase the risk of head injury.
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit.
The Britax BOULEVARD 70-G3 convertible car seats can be used rear-facing from 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing from 1 year and 20 pounds, up to 70 pounds, so I know it will last for a long time and I like that I can let the toddler or new baby use it. The straps are easy to adjust with just a squeeze of a lever and installing the car seat was easy as well. This seat screams safety protection, comfort, and quality and it’s a seat I’m comfortable letting my kids ride around in.
Safety matters when it comes to car seats. I want one that will protect my child. And Britax convertible car seats have so many safety features — and knowing that makes me feel like my child is safe while in the car. Click here to learn more about Britax safety features. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Britax. The opinions and text are 100% mine.