Strawberry S’mores Cookie bars are gooey, chocolaty, and oh so delicious! Thank you to Procter & Gamble for sponsoring this post.
One of my favorite summertime treats is S’mores and this kicked up version is delicious, portable, and the perfect yummy treat. It’s also great for bringing to a party and you’ll leave everyone wanting more. Since the weather in Colorado is all over the place we haven’t really had an opportunity to get outside and make s’mores, but I’m not letting the weather hold me back. These Strawberry S’mores Cookie Bars are made indoors, so they can be a year round treat.
The perfect addition to Strawberry S’mores Cookie Bars is an ice cold glass of milk and you can get a FREE gallon this week at King Soopers stores in the Denver area when you purchase any 6 Double Roll or Larger pack of Bounty paper towels. And trust me, you’ll need those paper towels to clean up the gooey, sticky mess that s’mores make. When you purchase your 6 Double Roll (or Larger) pack of Bounty paper towels you’ll be able to get a free gallon of Colorado Proud milk, or one free ½ gallon of King Soopers or Market Organic milk. Offer valid 5/17/2017 – 5/23/2017.
If you love s’mores and strawberries you’ll love these. They’re a huge hit with our family and the strawberries add a nice touch to them. Make them and inhale. I promise there won’t be any left!
To make these lovely things you’ll need some basic baking ingredients, marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate, and strawberries. They would also be great with blueberries, banana, or peanut butter. You can get all the ingredients at your local King Soopers while you’re picking up paper towels (you’ll need them) and that free gallon of milk to help wash these delicious babies down.
- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 c room temp butter
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c milk chocolate chips
- 1 + 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- Large Hershey bar, broken into chunks
- 2 sleeves graham crackers + 1/3 cup broken graham crackers
- 1 c fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/3 c fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, in another bowl.
- Add vanilla and one egg at a time. Making sure each egg is mixed in before adding the next.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture, until mixed. Don't over mix.
- Rinse strawberries, pat dry, and dice.
- Gently combine the milk chocolate chips, 1 cup of marshmallows, and 1 cup of strawberries.
- Lay graham crackers on a large baking sheet, touching together.
- Place scoops of dough all over graham crackers and lightly press down dough, making sure graham crackers are covered.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and lightly press 1/3 cup of marshmallows, broken graham crackers, strawberry slices, and chocolate chunks into dough.
- Place back in oven and back another 5-7 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Let cool and slice.