Thank you Capital One for sponsoring this post! This is a paid endorsement. All opinions are my own and were not directed by Capital One. To learn more about Capital One, visit www.capitalone.com/cafes
Growing up I saw everyone around me was racking up debt, living out of their means, and not preparing for their future. I didn’t know any better and in turn I thought this was how you lived. I ended up spending a lot of my adult life in debt because of it. I wish I had the knowledge that I have now when I was in my late teens and early twenties. A time when I was taking our student loans, racking up debt, and living irresponsibly with my finances. It’s taken a lot of dedication, hard work, and planning to get to where we are today and there were many struggles along the way. We still aren’t 100% financially stable, but it’s something we’re working hard towards and learning along the way has made a huge difference in how we handle our finances and future.
According to an American Psychological Association survey, 72 percent of Americans say they’ve felt stressed about money at some point in the last month with as many as 50 percent so stressed out they admitted to not being able to sleep. There have been times in my life where I have been in this similar situation and stress is so overwhelming, but no one talks about it. It seems like financial issues are a dirty little secret and everyone wants to hide them, but Capital One wants to inspire a new era of financial confidence. So they’ve set out on their Banking Reimagined tour which is stopping in in 10 cities across the Unites States, including Denver, to give people a hands-on digital experience that inspires confidence in your relationship with money and helps people nationwide find strategies for the financial road ahead.
According to a local area survey conducted by Capital One:
- Four out of five (86%) Denver residents agree that they would be happier if they felt more confident in their personal finances.
- Over half (57%) of Denver residents are not able to invest more in their passions because of financial obstacles.
- Nearly half (48%) of Denver residents feel they would have more money to do something they are passionate about if they better managed their personal finances.
Capital One’s Banking Reimagined tour will introduce consumers to innovative services and programs designed to get people thinking and talking about personal finance in a new and engaging way. Each participant visiting the Tour will be invited to go through a 20-minute, interactive session that will help uncover the financial behaviors that best match their value system and help them begin to understand the role their personal finances can play in enhancing their lives.
The centerpiece of the Tour is a state-of-the-art 54-foot trailer housing a smart, personal digital experience that recognizes participants at every stage of their financial journey. The experience includes:
- Advanced Interactive Touchscreens –9 Multi-Taction Touchscreens spanning 22’ wide and 5’ tall that allow up to three people to interactively scroll through values and goals, giving them an understanding of how their outlook shapes the way they view their money
- HoloLens Augmented Reality – a cutting-edge technology that lets people interact with 3D holographic imagery in real space and time, bringing their financial goals to life
- Video Selfie Booths – participants can record a message for their future selves with the knowledge they’ve gained from the experience
The Banking Reimagined Tour is a small taste of the many ways Capital One is rethinking banking and inspiring a new era of financial confidence.
Capital One’s next stop on the tour is in Denver, Colorado February 25th and 26th 10am – 6pm. The event is FREE to attend. Located at the Four Seasons
1111 14th St, Denver, CO 80202.
Capital One is empowering people to feel confident about their relationship with their money and I am so excited to take part in this educational event so I can hopefully learn new ways to improve our personal finances. I’d love for you to come out this weekend and join me on the Capital One Reimagined Tour to learn how you can get the most out of your money and feel more confident in your personal finances. I can’t wait to see you there!
For more information on the Capital One Banking Reimagined Tour, visit http://bankingreimagined.capitalone.com