This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DisneyEaster #CollectiveBias
Easter is just around the corner and since our daughter is FROZEN obsessed I knew a FROZEN Easter was in our future. I love doing a themed basket for the kids and always change it up each year by whatever they’re really into. I remember my mom making our baskets for us and filling with things she knew we loved and I’ve done the same for my kids. In the past it’s been Disney Princesses, but since there is such a love for FROZEN this year I was happy to oblige. Thankfully FROZEN products are fully stocked in Walmart so I was able to get her basket goodies in one stop.
This FROZEN inspired Tutu Easter Basket was easy to do and I was able to get it done in a short amount of time. I picked up the glitter tulle in the craft/sewing section of Walmart and got the last 2 FROZEN themed colors, blue and silver. You can use the tulle by the yard and pick the colors you want, but the rolls were a lot easier to cut and I’m all about quick and easy.
What you’ll need:
- Medium Size Easter Basket
- Blue and Silver Tulle (15 yard rolls)
- Snow Flake embellishments (found in the scrap booking section)
- Glue Gun
- Thin Crochet Hook
What you’ll Do:
- Take the wrapping off the tulle and roll out 12 inches. Cut. Repeat until the roll is done.
- I used a medium size basket and had just enough tulle to complete the basket. If you’re doing a larger basket you might want to pick up 2 of each roll. If you can’t find a basket color you like, remember that you can always spray paint one to a color of your liking.
- Once all your tulle is cut it’s time to start making your basket.
- Use 2 layers of tulle at a time and slip the tulle through the spaces in the basket and tie with a slip knot. (You can use 1 layer, but it won’t be as thick and fluffy)
- Repeat this step in alternating colors of tulle until you’re done.
- If you’re unable to slip the tulle through the spaces without help, this is where the crochet hook comes in handy. You can use it to help pull the tulle through and it’s a total life saver. Put the hook through the space, attach the tulle, and pull the loop/hook through.
- Once you’ve finished adding all the tulle go around your basket and trim lengths as necessary so your tulle is even length
- Now you can hot glue the snowflake embellishments to the tulle
- Fill your basket with FROZEN goodies!
*This basket is totally customizable. Use any colors for any theme your little one would like! Different shades of pink for princesses, Purples for Sofia the First, or Pastel colors for a basic Easter basket.
For our FROZEN basket I filled it up with goodies I found all over the store. I grabbed a new FROZEN shirt from the girls section, a new Elsa doll and dress up stuff (which are on rollback) from the toy section, pretty nails and activity stuff from the Easter section. We went candy free this year, but there were also some FROZEN Easter eggs that would be perfect for an Easter egg hunt or to add to the basket. Walmart has a whole section related to Disney items for Easter located in the Easter section and it made grabbing themed items so easy.
Will you be trying out this DIY Tutu Easter Basket? What are your kids favorite items this year?