I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Stride Rite. I received products to facilitate my review and thank me for my participation.
Halloween is always a fun time of year from the pumpkin patches, corn mazes, spooky decorations, cute & scary costumes, and trick-or-treating goodies. It’s a time of year that kicks off the Holidays and brings a night of fun to kids and adults, but there are always some safety tips to follow so that Halloween stays safe and fun!
- Check your neighborhood for registered sex offenders. If you find a house with a sex offender ahead of time and plan to avoid it, all the better.
- Know where your kids will be, with who, and when they will be home. Make sure they check in with you if plans change.
- It’s ideal to not let your children trick-or-treat alone. Let’s face it, communities aren’t as safe as they used to be.
- Make sure your child can see out of their costume properly and safely.
- Costumes should be fire proof.
- Let your kids know not to eat any candy until they’re home and where you can check it all in good lighting.
- Be sure that your child knows how to properly cross the street and that they have a flash light or glow stick with them. (anything so that they can see and someone driving can see them)
- Make sure your children know not to talk to strangers, get in their cars, or go in their houses.
- Make sure your children know to stay in well lit areas.
Another way to make Halloween safer is with light up shoes and Stride Rite has a variety of light up shoes in styles that are perfect for Halloween! Stride Rite is a brand I’ve been buying since my little ones started walking due to the great quality and comfort support their shoes offer. When we received a pair of their Disney Princess Wish Lights shoes my toddler became ecstatic because she loves all things Disney Princesses, but she also loves light up shoes! We settled on a silver pair of the wish lights that match her fairy costume perfectly. Not only are they silver, glittery, and sparkly, but they light up and match the silver glitter in her costume. Plus, once Halloween is over, they’re still practical enough that she can wear them everyday to school, the park, and for going out.
Now I know you might be thinking, what do light up shoes have to do with Halloween? Well a lot actually… Light Up shoes are great because with each step your little one takes the shoes light up. This helps to light up where they’re walking, people will see their light up shoes and know there is a child there, and this helps you to keep track of your little one in the crowds of tick-or-treating kids. It’s a winning combination!
Stride Rite offers a variety of Halloween shoe styles from Disney Princesses to Spider Man, Sesame Street, and much more, but if you’re not into the theme shoes Stride Rite offers a variety of other shoe styles that are sure to compliment your little ones costume from Sperry Top-Sider, Keds, Saucony and Jessica Simpson. All the shoes are great for Halloween and everyday wear! Styles are available online and where Stride Rite shoes are sold!