I love Mexican food and I would eat it everyday if my family would allow it, but since they don’t, I tend to make a Mexican food dish once a week. I am always looking for new Mexican inspired dishes and when I stumbled upon this one I knew I had to make it.
I found Tried and Tasty’s website and started browsing through all of her recipes since they looked so yummy! I stumped upon the Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice Bake and knew we would be a match made in Mexican food heaven!!
For the recipe I used a box of Mexican rice and rotisserie chicken. While the rice was cooking I chopped up my chicken and mixed the sauce. By time I was done doing that the rice was done. It was very easy to make and super yummy. I’m actually eating some while I type this up. It tastes just as good reheated and would make a great freezer meal! I am thinking I might add some Fiesta corn in next time…
Chicken & Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
- 2 cups Rice Any kind, I use spanish
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Breasts, Shredded Rotisserie Chicken is great for this.
- 15 oz Mild green enchilada sauce
- 1 can Diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 15 oz Black beans Drained and Rinsed
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Place chicken, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, sour cream, salt, pepper and cumin into a large bowl, mixing to combine.
- Pour cooked rice into prepared baking dish and layer beans on top of rice.
- Pour chicken mixture over rice and top evenly with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese is melted and rice is hot.