I was browsing Stumble Upon and came across THIS recipe. It looked amazingly good and I book marked it for later use.
Then the other night I was contemplating dinner and decided to make the above recipe. ONE Problem! I didn’t have Parmesan cheese or heavy cream so I improvised and used a jar of alfredo sauce. O-M-G was it goooood!!
Bacon and Pea Alfredo
- 6 slices, thick-cut bacon (I used applewood smoked)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 10 oz small shells pasta
- 1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain pasta when done. (I put the pasta to boil before cooking bacon and pasta ended up done at the same time as the sauce.)
- Cook bacon until crisp. (I chopped my bacon up and cooked in a skillet) Reserve 2 tbsp of the bacon fat.
- Add garlic to a skillet with the bacon fat, and saute’ over medium heat until tender, about 6 minutes. Add the peas and stir to heat evenly. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Add Bacon and Alfredo sauce. Bring to a Boil. (you may not need the whole jar depending on how much sauce you want on your pasta)
- Add in pasta and mix gently.
- Let simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan.