With Thanksgiving a few days away I decided to post my moms stuffing recipe. I love it and am making it for Thanksgiving.
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean Sage Flavor Pork Sausage Roll or you can use the Regular Pork Sauasage roll.
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional, I hate mushrooms and my mom always adds them)
- 1 bag or box cubed herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook sausage, celery, onion, carrots, and garlic in large stockpot or skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
2. Add stuffing mix, chicken broth, salt and black pepper.
3. Spoon into lightly greased baking dish; cover with foil and bake.
4. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until thoroughly heated (160°F).
*You can also stuff this into the turkey. If you choose to stuff the turkey then don’t follow instructions from #3. on Stuff into turkey and cook turkey how you normally would.